A New Note

Welcome! Thank you for popping through to have a read. I've been playing with the idea of some kind of "blog" since the beginning of the year. A place to spend a bit more time and text on what I'm doing, thinking, browsing and enjoying as it relates to my knitting and fibrecraft. 

Here's me, in my happy place

Instagram has been revolutionary for my knitting, and shown me the incredible range of "modern" knitters, crocheters, dyers, designers and makers all around the world. Until I joined Instagram at the end of 2017, my knitting inspiration was limited to the 70s and 80s pattern books I'd inherited from my Grandma, and chain craft stores. My craft has well and truly evolved as I've been inspired by all these incredible makers.

First pair of socks, and first time trying cables.
So, hopefully you'll find a weekly "note" on my week in knitting, maybe a touch of spinning and weaving, and probably a little bit of non-fibre life as well. I often find the caption space a bit too small to really expand on all the aspects of a project and how it sits in my life at the time as well, and I really want to tie it all together in a better way. Maybe Sundays and Mondays will be my new post days, we'll see. 

Also, I'd like to affirm my support for BIPoC and PoC in this space and on my instagram page. I'm actively seeking to follow and value their contributions to the fibrecraft community, and work on my own knowledge and understanding of how my whiteness gives me privilege which isn't extended to everyone. I want to make sure I'm not using my place in the world to make that of others smaller. Please be in touch if you can see a way for me to improve this, at any point.

See you next week! Ellen 



Comments

Popular Posts