Notes on Socks and Travelling, Again

How amazingly great are knitted socks? I only started making socks in September last year, but this year I've knocked out 4 pairs for myself and 1 for my mum. I wear them daily, in my work boots on placement. They survive weekly machine washes (in wash bags) and dry in the shade. I've experimented with different cuffs and a couple of different heel styles, different stitch numbers and toe shapes. 

This weekend I'm moving on from where I've been staying for the last 6 weeks and going a little bit north to camp for a week and do more placement. To mark the start of a new placement I've made myself a new pair of socks, to wear on the first day. I think they will make me feel extra happy in the morning when I put them on. They are striped, single rows of a dusty pink and a bright pink-purple-orange and tan variegated sock yarn, with a folded cuff and the yarns held double for a thicker, stronger heel. 

Tiny stripes

Its been raining a bit this week, thank goodness. The tail end of cyclone Trevor and then the northern tip of the system sweeping across NSW have both landed here, things are greening up and people are slowly letting out their collectively held breath. Hopefully as I'm driving home at the end of the next week there's lots of green paddocks around, with happy cows. That would make me feel extra extra happy. 

Just a short note from me this week. I hope you are getting rain where you are. Ellen

Comments

Popular Posts