Notes on a Selfish Weekend

No groundbreaking new projects this week, only a bunch of feathers shoved in my hair. 

Saturday night was our annual student ball, my last, since I'm in my final year. There was a theme, and cheapskate I am looked at the feathers in my bathroom and realised they would be perfect for an "Into the Wild" theme. They didn't even need to be crafted into a special headpiece, I just sort of poked them into the bun at the back and put a couple of bobby pins across them. Wearing all my bird earrings, the ensemble was complete. Dinner, drinks, dancing. Night done. Amazing, fun, relaxed, and I could walk home! 

Jazzy
 Sunday was a very cosy, comfy day at home in tights and homemade socks, in front of multiple girly movies. I'm doing a test knit for Sally Oakley, which I started yesterday. The starting section has a number of elements which required close attention so re-watching Nicholas Sparks movies was really the ideal companion. There is a cable + lace section which is so pretty, and much less complicated to memorise than I expect. I made a bit of an annoying mistake late in the evening and put the whole thing and myslef to bed shortly after. That's this afternoon's project. 

Cosy, definitely not jazzy

In the last week I've also been working on a big fluffy fluffy rainbow mohair jumper. It's working out well, but I chose 2 x 2 rib for the lower half of the body so it's slowed down considerably. I started re-knitting this creamy cotton-wool blend short sleeve shirt but my tension was different and it wasn't working out at all really, so it's in the sin bin/naughty corner for a while. 

The weather is definitely cooler which is nice-scarves are my favourite! I've been posting pictures of my knitted outfits most days and have been much more unafraid to add a knitted scarf to a knitted jumper and also knitted socks then I have been previously. I'm very warm, all the time, which is the whole point really isn't it? What is your go-to winter combo? Until next week! Ellen

Comments

Popular Posts